28 March 2007

Sunset west of Barrington 3/28


I kept clear of the KEEP CLEAR letters, and the truck in front of this woman on the side street pulled into the line of cars queued up for the Barrington light. Then this woman slid her car in front of mine without even stopping for the stopsign. There seems to be this unwritten expectation these days that at an intersection with a 2-way stop, the drivers who do not have the stop sign will allow the drivers who do have the stop sign to turn right into slow-moving traffic. And there are a number of them who feel that if I have stopped to allow one car in, then I must be willing to permit an entire phalanx of them in front of me, and proceed to pull their cars willy-nilly in front of mine.

Which, if you've ever SEEN my car, would seem a truly foolish and foolhardy thing to do.

No comments: